Seychelles – Exotic and relaxing holidays! – Who doesn’t dream of a trip to Seychelles! Exotic and relaxing holidays! Besides, isn’t what we all look for sometimes? Something different from the constant running to catch up with the major sights of a city, which may, in the end, be more tedious.
Seychelles is an archipelago of 115 islands in the Indian Ocean, off East Africa, and of course, it has several things to do besides relaxing in the crystal clear waters of the fantastic coasts.
The best islands to visit in Seychelles
The 3 main islands are Mahe, Praslin, and La Digue, where you will also find ferry routes that you can use to access other islands.
Mahe Island is the largest one, and where the airport is located, so you will arrive here, and you will leave from here. The tourist area is located north of the island, while to the south part, you will enjoy the tranquility.
Praslin Island is home to two of the most famous beaches – Anse Lazio and Anse Georgette, while the third most famous, Anse Source d’Argent, is located on La Digue Island. Yes, yes, they’re the ones depicted in the thousands of photos you see on social media, and you wish you were there.
Things to do in Seychelles
- Sunbathing – In the most famous beaches
- Scuba Diving & Snorkeling – At Bay Ternay, in one of the most amazing spots of Mahe Island
- Trekking at the Copolia Trail – At Mahe Island
- Tour at the birds’ paradise Vallee De Mai – A UNESCO site at Praslin Island
- Visit the stunning Islands Curieuse, Cousin Island & St. Pierre (you can see giant tortoises)
- Explore Morne National Park – At Mahe Island
- Discover the Coconut Plantation House – At La Digue Island
- Take a view of this heaven with a Helicopter Ride
- Take a stroll at the Victoria Market – At Mahe Island
What to eat in Seychelles
A substantial number of the population is made up of Indians, so in Seychelles you will taste the best Indian seafood you have ever tasted. Try rice, seafood, and green papaya from the many Creole takeaway spots you will find on the street – it is said to be amazing! Also, visit Boardwalk Bar & Brill (with live music) and PK’s Pasquiere Restaurant and Gastropub (a little bit more luxurious).
Best time to visit Seychelles
It is said that the best period is April and May, where there is plenty of sunshine and short rain showers, with October and November to follow.
Travel the World with Us