Moscow – A city full of history and art. Those who live there, characterize it as the city that never sleeps. And they say that you will never get bored as it offers a plethora of activities.
Moscow is Russia’s biggest city. The sights, cathedrals, museums, theatres, and palaces show the rich history and culture of the city.
What tο do in this city?
Explore the most famous sights – The main reason you travel to another country is for sightseeing, isn’t it? This is the list of Moscow’s major attractions:
- The Moscow Kremlin – It is in the heart of the city, and it is one of the most important and historical buildings. It consists of 5 palaces and 4 cathedrals
- Red Square – The central square of Moscow where most sights are located and is now used for official ceremonies
- Lenin’s Mausoleum – It is part of the Red Square, and it’s considered one of the most important sights
- Kolomenskoye – It can be found in the southeast of Moscow’s center and is the band of the beloved summer residence of the Russian tsars. Nice stop if you want to see how the Tsarists aristocracy lived
- St. Basil’s Cathedral – This cathedral is the symbol of Russia and has 9 churches. You’ll find it across the Kremlin
- Cathedral of Christ the Saviour – West of the Red Square, you will see the highest Orthodox Temple of the world. They say that fills you with awe and serenity
Discover the culture of the city – A stop in museums, theatres, zoos, and aquariums is a must:
- Bolshoi Theatre – The tour in this historic building is a must and your attendance in live performances (ballet and theatre). Here’s how you will get there.
- Museum of Cosmonautics – Here, you can explore the space. Ideal for kids and space lovers. You’ll find it in Пр-кт. Мира, 111, 129223
- The Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts – It is the largest museum of European art in Moscow, and there are among other ancient Greek treasures and paintings of Flemish painters. Located at Ulitsa Volkhonka, 12, 119019
- Moscow Zoo – If you have children with you, this place is ideal for exploring the 1094 different species of animals. The address is Bolshaya Gruzinskaya Street, 1, 123242
- Oceanarium Moskvarium – It is the largest centre of oceanography and Marine biology in Europe. The shows with whales and sharks will excite our little friends. You’ll find it in Prospekt Mira, 119
Walk in the gardens of Moscow – Large and beautiful gardens can be found in various parts of the city to relax you. Walk to:
- Alexander Garden – You will find it at the two entrances of the Kremlin, and it is one of the first gardens in Moscow. You can also see the changing of the guard in the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
- Hermitage Garden – Three theatres, an open stage, a playground for children, and cafes with outdoor space are at your disposal to calm you from a full schedule. Hosted on the road Ulitsa Karetnyy Ryad, 3, 127006
- Poklonnaya Hill – Point to see Moscow from above. Located at the entrance of the city
Don’t forget to:
- Taste the Russian cuisine – Moscow is famous for its restaurants and nightlife in general
- Take a boat trip to the Moskva River. The starting point is from Kolomenskoye
- Shopping at the GUM Department Store
Moscow is a city that has so much to see and do that only one trip is not enough! Travel to this destination and share with us your experience!
Travel the World with Us