Camping in Cyprus: Where to go – The rhythms in the city are very fast and demanding, stressful. For this reason, many people want to escape to peaceful places during summertime, which will drop these rhythms and fill them with energy. Some people choose camping, and if you ask them, they will tell you it is extremely relaxing and… economic.
The Travel Le Monde team found some beautiful campsites in Cyprus, and they highly recommend them to you. Let’s see them:
Platania Campsite, Limassol District
Platania is one of the busiest places in Cyprus, for both camping and picnics. School groups, families, or friends choose to spend their holidays or escape a weekend for a little peace.
You can find the Platania Camping site at Kakopetria – Troodos road, 5 km from Kakopetria on the left of the road just before the forest station.
The campsite is organized and managed by the Forest Department, offering kitchen facilities, 18 toilet/shower blocks, as well as facilities for disabled people and picnic tables. There are also playgrounds for the children.
What can you do?
– Visit the picturesque village of Kakopetria
– Discover Prodromos – the highest village in Cyprus. There are restaurants where you can enjoy the local cuisine. You can also enjoy a stroll in the streets of the village with horses.
– A stroll in one of the busiest villages of the region, Platres – restaurants, and cafes welcome you by offering you Cypriot dishes. We suggest you try the traditional loukoumades, amazing!
– Pilgrimage to Trooditissa Monastery – located 10km above Platres village
– Cycling and Hiking – There are many routes ideal for cycling and hiking. Discover them and keep fit
Polis Chrysochous Campsite, Paphos District
Polis is a small town located at the north-western end of the island. On this campsite, the vast sea will be at your feet, and you will find it 500 meters from the town center. The site has toilets, showers and washroom facilities for dishes.
What to do?
– Indulge in water sports located in the site
– Explore the town Polis Chrysochous
– Visit Latchi – one of the most famous small villages of Polis Chrysochous. Every year the village accepts a high number of foreign tourists and has small and large hotel units.
Baths of Aphrodite Campsite – Neo Chorio – Akamas (Paphos District)
Akamas is famous for its natural beauty and is one of the most important points in Cyprus. Here, there is no organized camping, however, there are many people who camp on their caravans or tents to discover the beauties of the area.
In this unique environment, you will find 168 bird varieties, 20 different reptiles, 16 butterfly species, and 12 different mammals. Its crystal clear waters will enchant you and will surely stand up to the coveted tranquillity.
Governor’s Beach Kalymnos Campsite, Limassol District
The campsite is located 20 km east of Limassol with a capacity of 230 caravans and 247 plots for tents. The area has toilets, showers, washers and dryers, and a restaurant. What to do besides relaxing on the beach? Explore the beautiful town of Limassol, of course, which is one of the most tourist destinations on the island.
Travel the World with Us