18 things you should do in Lisbon, Portugal – We had been curious about searching for this destination from the various photos posted on social media. Lisbon looks charming, friendly, cosy, beautiful. What we discovered is that street art exists in almost every building and testimonials about the excellent food, apart from the rich history that Lisbon has to offer.
We have found 18 things you should do in Lisbon; shall we have a look?
1. Jerόnimos Monastery – World Heritage Gothic Monastery near the Tagus river in the parish of Belém
2. São Jorge Castle – A historic castle in the freguesia of Santa Maria Maior
3. Praça do Comércio – The biggest plaza ofLisbon
4. Bairro Alto – Lisbon’s District consisting of theaters, bookshops, old-style cafes, art nouveau jewelry shops. In the area, you will find the church São Roque which is worth a visit
5. Rossio Square – At the bottom of Bairro Alto you will find the Rossio Square which is also known as Praça Dom Pedro IV
6. The Lisbon Oceanarium – It is the largest indoor aquarium in Europe, and you can find it in the Parque das Nações
7. Padrão dos Descobrimentos – A monument on the northern bank of the Tagus River estuary, in the civil parish of Santa Maria de Belém
8. The Sanctuary of Christ the King – A Catholic monument dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus Christ overlooking the city of Lisbon situated in Almada.
9. Lisbon Cathedral – It is known as Sé de Lisboa, and is the oldest and most important church in the city
10. The Convent of Our Lady of Mount Carmel – A Former Catholic convent situated in the Chiado district of Lisbon looking out over the city centre
11. The Rua Augusta Arch – A stone, triumphal arch-like, historical building and visitor attraction in Lisbon located on the Praça do Comércio
12. Miradouro de São Pedro de Alcântara – This sizable, landscaped terrace with a fountain offers panoramic views of the city
13. Ascensor da Bica – Take the Bica Funicular, a funicular railway line in the civil parish of Misericórdia, in the municipality of Lisbon. It connects the Rua de São Paulo with Calçada do Combro/Rua do Loreto
14. The Eduardo VII Park – Take a stroll in the largest park of the central Lisbon
15. Vasco da Gama Bridge – The longest bridge in Lisbonand Europe
16. Praça da Figueira market – Lisbon’sOld Market.
17. São Bento Palace – The seat of the Assembly of the Portuguese Republic, the parliament of Portugal
18. Taste the Portuguese cuisine in the local restaurants
Lisbon is already in our bucket list; what about you?
Travel the World with Us